Module 1: Introduction to Apps & MIT App Inventor; Use your creativity and imagination to design apps aesthetically. Learn to program the behavior.
- Getting familiar; Accessing MIT APP Inventor IDE & Connecting mobile to the App
- Process of creating an App for mobile
- Working with App Inventor’s Designer
- Designing the user interface, selecting of components, and designing the layout.
- App Inventor’s Blocks Editor, adding behavior to the components.
- Hello World App
Module 2: Start talking!! Understand text to speech component.
- Bee Buzz
- Hello Kitty
- Talking Robo
- Extension Project
Module 3: Adding sound to Apps; Using the sound extension.
- Introduction to label, sound, and Accelerometer Sensor components
- Playing with properties of components; adding color, and image to buttons
- Bee Buzz & Pet the Kitty
- Don’t shake me!
Module 4: Math in Apps; If learning with numbers excites you, explore your world with app building.
- Number displays with loops.
- Pedometer sensor component, Global variables
- Count your steps!
- Build your own calculator!
- Age calculator with variables
- Password check with conditions
- Assessment 1
Module 5: Scrolling components; Learn to build interesting apps with scrolling images.
- Understanding layout arrangements
- Horizontal and vertical arrangement &scrolling
- Table Arrangement
- Seven wonders
- Multiplication Table
- Pokemon in action
- Picture Album- Project
Module 6: Paint your imagination! Introduction to “canvas” and setting colors, adding slider & camera.
- Paint me
- Photo booth
Module 7: Storing data; Understanding sequence data types!
- Introducing “tiny DB “, “List View” &” date picker”
- CRUD with lists
- Traversing a list
- To-do list
- Exam timetable
- Assessment 2
Module 8: Let’s go shopping; Using databases to store data.
- Application of tiny DB, lists, global variables & math blocks
- Shopping cart
- Shopping list
Module 9: Change screen; Swap the screen!
- Adding multiple screens & passing variables
- Multiplication table generator
- Cartoon & Movie Quizzes
Module 10: Games; Gamify learning!
- Adding & moving Image Sprites
- Balloon Pop
- Rock Paper Scissor
- Snake Game
- Monkey racing game
- Project- Weather Bot
Open A World Full of Possibilities
Teaching fundamental programming to children, especially at a young age, opens up a world of possibilities for them to develop and prosper. Learning to code encourages critical thinking in children and prepares them for a society that is becoming increasingly tech-driven.