Learn fundamentals of Python programming with state-of-the-art hardware
Module 1: Knowing the fundamentals: Gear up, set up your Python environment, choose the IDE, and learn to fancy print
- Interpreters and Compilers
- Local Environment Setup
- Industrial applications with Python
- Setting up Environment Path
- Modes of programming
- Getting Help
- Python IDEs
- Print function- your first program with end and sep
- Escape characters
Module 2: Getting familiar: Understanding the Terminologies
- Python tokens
- Variables and assignments
- User inputs and int function
- Numeric datatypes
- Sequence datatypes; Lists, sets, tuples, and dictionaries
- Built-in functions for data type conversions.
Module 3: Operators in Python: Data manipulations using operators
- Arithmetic operators
- Comparison operators
- Logical operators
- Bitwise operators
- Identity operators
- Membership Operators
- Operators Precedence
- Practice problem-solving with mathematical operators
Module 4: Decision-making and Loops in Python: Repeat your piece of code using loops and learn to terminate using jump statements. Print patterns using nested loops.
- Python if, if-else, else-if, nested-if
- Python Loops (for, and while)
- Patterns using nested loops.
- Python break, continue and pass statements.
Module 5: Understanding string data type.
- Defining strings; Properties of strings
- Indexing and traversing a string
- String Manipulations using Loops.
- Slicing operation
- Operators with Strings
- Immutability property
- Built-in String functions
- Counting number of vowels, upper- and lower-case characters in a string
- Converting string into a list of elements
- Palindrome check using string functions.
- Comparison between string and sequence data types
Module 6: Sequence data types: List, Tuples, Set, and Dictionaries: Put together a collection of data, access and manipulate them using different data structures and create a lottery system!
- List creation, Indexing, Slicing, and accessing the list elements
- List Operations and built-in functions
- Menu-driven database with CRUD options
- Define Tuples and discuss their properties.
- Built-in functions in tuples
- Defining Sets, properties, advanced operations
- Lottery project using Sets operations.
- Creating a dictionary, built-in functions
- Creating a nested dictionary to make an employee database.
- Pretty printing with json
- Learn to update your movie dictionary.
- Case study to compare the data types.
Module 7: Create the perfect virtual canvas using Turtle and learn the use of loops and data types to make visually appealing projects.
- Familiarizing with the Turtle environment, objects, and screen
- Learn to draw polygons and color them.
- Use loops to create concentric circles and a rainbow -benzene
- Learn to create delays with traffic lights!
Module 8: Built-in modules: Hassle-free use of built-in modules
- Understanding the concept of modules and how to import them
- Using Multiple Modules
- Random number generation using Random module
- Creating random circles with random sizes with random module
- Dice game, and password cracking
- Math module for basic mathematical operations
- Alarm using datetime and playsound
Module 9: Functions: Organize your code using functions.
- User-defined and built-in functions
- Function definition and call
- Function Arguments
- Types of user-defined functions
- Passing function to a Function
- Types of arguments
- Scope of the Variables
- Passing sequence datatypes to a function
- Controlling turtle objects with the keyboard using functions
- Rock, paper, scissor game
Module 10: File Handling: Data storage and handling with files
- Accessing files; basic read and write methods using various modes.
- Create a quiz project using file access methods.
- Renaming files using OS module
- Create a soccer project by modifying and deleting files
Module 11: Introduction to Micro Python: Effective communication with microcontrollers
- REPL mode
- RGB displays in mpython LED
- Understand OLED modes and methods.
- Drawing polygons and emojis on OLED
- Make your text scroll!
- Play your favorite tune with mpython buzzer
- “Silence please” with sound sensor
- Simulate a piano with touchpad
- Protect your mpython board with a touchpad-generated passcode
- Understand interrupts and ISR
- Horizontal ball game with accelerometer
Module 12: Integrating Cruiser hardware (Weeebot) with mpython board
- Firmware installation
- Light up the WeeeBot RGB LEDs using buttons
- Distance measurement using ultrasonic sensor and display on OLED
- Displaying border pixels of OLED
- Understanding bitmaps making scrolling displays
- Black vs White with line following sensors
- Autonomous car
- Line following Robot
- Cliff detection
- Obstacle avoidance with ultra-sonic sensor
Projects and Assessments: Test your skills
Open A World Full of Possibilities
Teaching fundamental programming to children, especially at a young age, opens up a world of possibilities for them to develop and prosper. Learning to code encourages critical thinking in children and prepares them for a society that is becoming increasingly tech-driven.