Learn fundamentals of Python programming with state-of-the-art hardware
Module 1: Knowing the fundamentals: Learn to print and fancy print.
- Interpreters Vs Compilers
- Where do we use Python?
- Installations and set up
- Modes of programming
- Python IDEs
- Introducing IDLE
- “Hello world”
- End and sep with print
Module 2: Getting familiar; The world of programming
- Keywords with the meaning
- Holding data in Variables
- Naming a variable
- Escape characters with print
- A perfectly Indented program
- Writing Comments
- User inputs and int function
Module 3: Python Data Types: Play around with data. Case studies to compare the data types.
- True/False with Boolean
- Int, float-Numeric
- Sequence datatypes; Lists, Tuples, Sets, Dictionaries
- Built-in functions for data type conversions.
Module 4: Operators in Python: Data manipulations using operators
- Arithmetic operators
- Make your calculator!
- Comparison operators
- and/ or/ not- logical operators
- Bitwise operators
- Identity operators
- Membership Operators
- Operators Precedence
- Practice problem-solving with mathematical operators
Module 5: Decision-making. Decide with conditional statements!
- Python if, if-else,
- Many conditions? Nest with nested if
- Car ride with conditions
- Your score chart with if-else
- The vowel check!
Module 6: Loops in Python: Repeat using loops and learn to terminate using jump statements.
- Understanding Python Loops (for and, while)
- Range function
- Menu-driven programs with “while” loops
- Palindrome check
- Python break, continue and pass statements.
Module 7: Understanding string data type
- Define strings
- Properties of strings
- Indexing and traversing a string
- String Manipulations using Loops
- Guessing the output with loops
- String concatenation
- Slicing operation
- Operators with Strings
- Immutability property
Module 8: More with strings; Learn to crack your passcode using built-in functions!
- Counting the number of vowels, upper- and lower-case characters in a string
- Converting a string into a list of elements
- Palindrome check using string functions.
- Understanding replace and strip functions.
- Comparison between string and sequence data types
- Project- word guessing game!
Module 9: Sequence data types: List, Tuples, Set, and Dictionaries for a collection of data; access and manipulate them using different data structures
- List creation
- Indexing, Slicing, and accessing the list-elements
- Scratch vs Python; separate lists
- Odd/ Even numbers list
- Split function
- Define Tuples and discuss their properties.
- Built-in functions in tuples
- Basics of sets and properties
- Creating a dictionary, built-in functions
- A dictionary for books
- Learn to update your movie dictionary.
- Case study to compare the data types.
Module 10: Create the perfect virtual canvas using Turtle and learn the use of loops and data types to make visually appealing projects.
- Familiarizing with the Turtle environment, and screen
- Basic shapes!
- Draw and color a rainbow!
- The rocket project!
- Learn to draw polygons and color them.
- Use loops to create concentric circles and a rainbow-benzene
Module 11: Built-in modules: Learn to import modules.
- Understanding the concept of modules and how to import them.
- Draw and color random circles with Turtle.
- Random number generation using “Random module”
- Creating random circles with random sizes with random module
- Roll the dice- Dice game!
- Math module for basic mathematical operations
- Project- Alarm using datetime and playsound
Module 12: Functions: Organize your code using functions.
- User-defined and built-in functions
- Function definition and call
- Function Arguments
- Types of user-defined functions
- Controlling Turtle objects with the keyboard using functions
- Project- Rock, paper, scissor game
Module 13: Introduction to Micro Python: Effective communication with microcontrollers
- VIBGYOR with RGB LED
- Understand OLED modes and methods
- Draw an emoji!
- Make your text scroll!
- Play your favorite tune with the mpython buzzer
- “Silence please” with “sound sensor”
- Simulate the piano effect with a touchpad
- The light effect-using light sensors
- Project-The corridor lamp
Module 14: Integrating Cruiser hardware (Weeebot) with mpython board
- Firmware installation
- Light up the WeeeBot RGB LEDs using buttons
- Distance measurement using ultrasonic sensor and display on OLED
- Displaying border pixels of OLED
- Understanding bitmaps making scrolling displays
- Black vs White with line following sensors
- Autonomous car
- Line following Robot
- Obstacle avoidance with ultra-sonic sensor
Projects and Assessments: Test your skills
Open A World Full of Possibilities
Teaching fundamental programming to children, especially at a young age, opens up a world of possibilities for them to develop and prosper. Learning to code encourages critical thinking in children and prepares them for a society that is becoming increasingly tech-driven.